Thursday, October 25, 2012
Can Anything Ever Go Smoothly?
I don't know where to begin. I am feeling completely overwhelmed and anxiety filled. Everything went fine after surgery as far as my first cycle starting and it was relatively painless compared to pre-surgery. About two weeks ago I had severe pain on my right side. My period was overdue so I called Dr. S's office and spoke to Kim, the Napro coordinator, and she told me it was not likely a cyst because of where I was at in my cycle. She thought it was a urinary infection and recommended I see my G.P. But since my period was late and I was not pregnant Dr. S recommended prometrium and clomid. Kim called in the scripts for me and said it was fine to start the prometrium and then the clomid at the right time. Something in my head said don't take anything until you figure out what this nasty pain is, so I didn't. Instead I went to my G.P. and she ruled out urinary issues and appendix. She didn't think it was a cyst because the pain was a little higher than where the ovary should be. But she ordered an ultrasound to be sure. I went in for the ultrasound which showed 2 cysts. Dr. S said to take the prometrium and that would help the cysts dissolve and I would get withdrawl bleeding 10 days after I finished the medicine and on day 5 of this cycle I should do a repeat ultrasound to be sure the cysts are gone before stimulating my ovaries with clomid. It all makes sense expect I felt like I was going to get my period on my own so I put off taking the prometrium to see if it would come on its own and the pain from the cysts had started to subside or I was just dealing with it a bit better. CD1 came on Tuesday so I am glad I waited. This cycle came 54 days after the first one from surgery. I was hoping they would be a little more regular than that but I'll take it. So I called Kim to tell her my cycle began and asked if I still need to do the ultrasound and when could I start the clomid. Dr. S says I still need to do the ultrasound and of course it has to be done tomorrow which will be day 4. Kim sent the order to my imaging place but it wasn't written correctly and Kim is gone for the day. The imaging place won't schedule the test without the order so hopefully Kim will take care of this first thing in the morning because the results need to get to Dr. S tomorrow so I can start the clomid on saturday - day 5 of my cycle, that is if the cysts are gone. Kim says I can start it on Monday if need be but I have never heard of starting clomid on day 7. I've heard of starting on day 3 or day 5. Has anyone heard of day 7 before? I can't take all of this uncertainty. It makes me want to scream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Pam - What is the deal with the cysts? Does that mean you are ovulating? Or are these cysts not related to ovulation? I had a large cyst when I was pregnant with Hannah.
ReplyDeleteIn the past I was told the cysts were eggs that stalled out and didn't get released. I didn't ask about this one, I just assumed it was the same. I am going to ask when she calls with the results from todays ultrasound.
ReplyDeleteI am obviously not a doctor but I was under the impression that you weren't ovulating at all. If your ovaries are producing follicles that aren't realeasing eggs and then turning into cysts that is at least some activity within your ovaries, no?
ReplyDeleteI agree there is activity and I assume there always has been which is a positive but no doctor has been able to help the egg release. I think clomid is suppose to help that but I'm not 100% positive on that. I was going to ask my doc today but she didn't call with the results of the ultrasound. I'll ask on Monday. I'm still hopeful :)
ReplyDeleteSo you were able to have the ultrasound? Hoping and praying for you, Pam!
ReplyDeleteI hate that uncertainty as well. I've been through that many time as well. Hoping you get your answers. Right now I'm working with Kim and dr S. on my antibiotice issues. Ugh! Hopefully this new med we are trying will suit my stomach...and we can through this regiman and move on!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of anyone taking clomid on day 7. Are you taking the same amt of pills as someone who would start on day 3 or day 5? Just curious.
Yes, I'd still be taking 5 but I've never heard if starting on day 7. I'll trust her though. Thats even if the cysts went away. I won't know until Monday.
DeleteI hope you can find an antibiotic that you can take without bad side effects. It can be frustrating trying to find something that you can handle.
I guess all we can do is trust the dr. It's hard sometimes though. so hard.
DeleteUgh, so stressful. Keeping you in prayer.
ReplyDelete