Friday, June 15, 2012

For The Record

Over the last few days I have received a few opinions from people about the wanting of a child and being "old" and married for 10 years.

Let me just set the record straight so we are all on the same page.

To those of you that have suggested that I look for a child on craigslist - you're a moron. And yes, I was told this by someone I know, granted I don't know them that well, but nonetheless I know them. Tell you what, the next time I'm out shopping at Wal-Mart, I'll stop by the kids department and see if they're having a clearance, ya know maybe a 2 for 1 special. Craigslist is just so impersonal, at least at Wal-Mart I can toss the baby in the cart and think about if I want that particular one while I continue to shop. I mean, seriously, are people really that stupid?

Newsflash: WE ARE AWARE THAT OUR LIVES WILL CHANGE! We don't need to hear this from others. Stop telling us that our lifestyle, which is soooo lavish to begin with, is going to change. As much as John wants to trade in the 2002 Corolla with no hub caps and 176,000 miles for that Corvette he's always wanted, he knows he can't do it. As much as I want to go to Bora Bora and stay for a month or two, I realize I can't do this. Stop telling us things are going to change, we know that!

This may come as a SHOCK to some of you, but John is not really as uptight as he may come across. He doesn't fly off the handle as much as he used to about cleanliness. Maybe his self diagnosed O.C.D. is slipping. He won't give a flying **** if his house is a mess when it comes to having his child as part of our lives.

Are we clear now? If not, let me sum it up for you - John and I want nothing more than to have a house full of children taking up our lives and making messes! 

Glad that's off my chest...

Written with love by both John and I

2 comments:

  1. It will be a long, exciting, frustrating, eventful, exhausting, and rewarding road. But it the end, it will be one lucky kid that has you both as their parents. Thanks for sharing with all of us and I will be sending all the happy mojo I can spare your way. Best wishes for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are really rude and stupid and intrusive when it comes to "family planning". I was told after a miscarriage by a friend that God knew we couldn't afford a baby anyway... The ultra sound tech at Samuel's 20 week check said, "congratulations, it's a boy, you're done!". Sigh. It just gets worse. Welcome to the club, the one where you can only fit two car seats in a Corolla and then need a mini van (from experience) and being uptight about cleanliness is a good thing because you might have fresh smelling children and a space to sit on the couch (once a week). Oh and the club where everyone around you thinks they can do what you're doing better, until you have more kids than them, then they think you're nuts!

    ReplyDelete