Hmm, am I suppose to warn you if a post is going to be about bodily functions or should you expect it since this is a blog about fertility or the lack of. I guess I'll warn you this time: this post will be making mention of cervical mucus and poop! :) Enjoy!
I am in to my second week of tracking using the Creighton Model. It is not as daunting as I thought it was going to be. I met with the teacher and she explained the method very clearly, no question was left unanswered. Did you know that it makes a difference as to if you are scruncher or folder of toilet paper? lol When she asked me that question, I was taken back by it. I mean, who cares how I handle my toilet paper?! But it does make a difference (for tracking purposes) and lets just say I passed the test. No changes are needed in that department. I think I will know more about my the inner workings of my body than I have ever before. It is neat how something as simple as cervical mucus can tell you if your body is "working" properly or not and if you are fertile or not. Of course, I know I have a lot more to learn. I have been taking note of my mucus mentally throughout the day and every evening before I go to sleep I get to place a sticker on a chart and code the type of discharge for the day. Who knew as an adult I still be playing with stickers?! They are color coded: red, green, white with a baby on it and green with a baby on it. I'll be honest, I think the ones with the baby on them are creepy in a way that I have a feeling that I'll be looking at a chart with baby stickers on it but will most likely not get pregnant right away. So, who wants to look at that? The point is that they represent "fertile" days which is dictated by the type of mucus you had that day. I get it, I just think it is hard when you are infertile.
That covers the cervical mucus portion of the post, now on to the poop part! :)
I received the pre-op instructions for my surgery and apparently I will need to be "cleaned" out the night before. I don't know why this bothers me, but it does. I have had the unfortunate task of drinking colonoscopy prep twice so far in my life and I'm thinking that is by far worse than an enema. Right? At least with an enema I don't have to drink a really nasty liquid. But I will have to squirt a liquid saline in an area of my body that I have always considered an exit not an entrance. Part of my uneasiness about it is being that I will be 3 hours from home (I'll have to be in Peoria the night before the surgery) which means I will be in a strange hotel room doing something I have never done before. (this sounds like a bad movie) I don't know what to expect other than the obvious. Bottom line is, I think I would be more comfortable doing this in the privacy of my own home. Oh well, it is something that has to be done, so I will do it. I just feel bad for John, maybe I'll send him out to see the sights of Peoria for a while. ;)
That wasn't so bad to read, was it? :)
Ah yes, the baby stickers... I think they might have been the reason why my chart was lost, resulting in Sophia. There was something fundamentally depressing about looking at the baby stickers and saying no thank you. I think if we ever use Creighton again, I will use markers instead of the stickers.
ReplyDeleteAs for the enema, my deepest sympathies! I would be a wreck about that, really quite anal.
I got a kick out of this post (yeah, I can now read your posts)...due to the enema comments. I did one for my last lap surgery (and could not eat for 24 hours...which to a snacker is really tough). There is no way to really prepare either. When I did the enema (I did this at home) at first I thought..okay this isn't so bad...and then maybe ten minutes later...it hit me. I couldn't get off of the toilet for a good hour! If I did...I risked an accident. So, when we (my dh and I) have to go through this again...and I have to do said enema again in a hotel...he will definitely have to find another place to rest for awhile. There's somethings I don't look forward too when we plan our trip/surgery to Peoria...24 hour fasting and THAT enema. It is worth it right? Hope I didn't scare you but you do need to be prepared.
ReplyDeleteIt is so worth it. We need to know what is going on with our bodies. Knowledge is power, right?! Thanks for sharing at least I have a time frame of what to expect!
Delete