Matchbox Twenty is my absolute favorite band and with that being said they have a new album coming out. Yay!! They have released two singles so far. The first one was a catchy little tune. The second song, Overjoyed came out with an unofficial video and the only way to hear the song was to play the video. This is where INFERTILITY took over my emotions and made me NOT like a MB20 song *gasp*. I paid more attention to the content of the video rather than the words of the song. The video goes backward in time. There is a pregnant couple and it goes back over the joyful events of their life. The joy and excitement of hearing a new MB20 song was stolen by the pain of infertility. My heart sank because I thought we would have a ton of kids by now. Sadly that's not the case.
Luckily, a few days have passed and I saw MB20 perform Overjoyed on the Today show this morning and quickly realized that I LOVE IT! I wish my first exposure to it would have been auditory only! I let someone else's interpretation of the song cloud my mind. It is a beautiful love song! :)
Go ahead and take a listen...try not to let the images sway you!
No comments:
Post a Comment