It seems that my temper tantrum that I threw in my last post was heard. ;)
I got a call from the lovely scheduler at Dr. Stallings office and she did the pre-cert this morning (because I politely explained that I was a bit anxious about not knowing) and the ovarian wedge resection is approved. Yay!!
To anyone who has looked this surgery up I'm sure you are seeing that drs don't think it should be done anymore because in the 60's clomid came out and they believe that is the better choice. They also say that surgery causes scar tissue and adhesions, however what they don't show is the research that Dr. Hilgers of the Pope Paul VI Institute has done. And that it's more successful than clomid, and can be preformed with techniques to minimize scar tissue and adhesions. I was a bit unsure but after meeting with Dr. Stalling and researching it, John and I are all in!
Now I just have to finish these last pesky hours of my externship for school and try to get through the next 6 1/2 weeks not worrying about having surgery. Eeek!
Best title ever :)
ReplyDeleteSurgery is no fun :-( But I am so happy to hear it all worked out!
ReplyDelete-Karrie