Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Post Op Follow Up

I had my 2 week post op follow up with Dr. S today. Some good news and some that I don't really know how to process, mainly because I didn't get much direction from Dr. S on it.

1.) The polyp from my uterus was benign! Great news!

2.) I have a bacterial infection in my uterus that is causing inflammation. Boo! 21 days of antibiotics should clear that up. Dr. S also recommends I start the anti-inflammatory diet as well.

3.) This one is the one that upsets me the most. I have been told most of my adult life that I have PCOS. Dr. S tells me today that although "clinically" I have a diagnosis of PCOS, when she did the wedge resection she sent the part of my ovaries that she removed to the pathologist. The report shows that my ovaries don't look poly cystic. They are fibrous (dense) and don't have follicles. Well, that didn't sound good to me and then the doc hits me with she's never seen this before. That really didn't sound good. When I asked if she felt I could get pregnant she couldn't give me an answer. Not the news I was expecting at all.

My next steps are to chart for the next 4 weeks and see what my body does on its own and then we'll go from there.

5 comments:

  1. Dr. S suspects I have an infection also. She talked about the anti-inflammatory diet for me as well. Ugh! I can eat fruits and veggies....but some of the other things on that list did not sound appealing at all. I'll do the best I can on it if it's going to help. RIght?

    She sounded like she didn't think I had PCOS either. Weird.

    I don't know what to say about Dr. S not responding to your getting pg question. She may just not be able to know at this time. As she sees your follow up charts...she may be able to answer that (I am guessing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news on the polyp and I just wanted to add...sometimes dr's don't have all the answers. It's frustrating. When I have my surgery (hopefully soon), I want to ask the dr. if it was ever possible for me to get pg. Other dr's have told me "yes" but they also did the artificial things...I'd be interested in her opinion...but then again...she may not be able to answer that either. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to do my best as well with the anti-inflammatory diet as well. I'm like you, fruits and veggies are good but I'm not into soy products at all. I'll do my best because I don't want to leave any stone unturned. My brain understands that the doc may not have all the answers but my heart doesn't! I'll be patient and see what the tracking shows. Have you heard back about a surgery date? I hope the surgery helps you to be pain free.

      Delete
    2. As of yet, I haven't heard anything. I went to my school to help with parent registration today and I went into my classroom and thought about all the work I have to do. I hope they call soon. I'm feeling overwhelmed! I don't know what the hold up is. I just pray for patience and understanding. If if doesn't happen now, then it's going to wait until Nov or Dec. Praying I don't have to wait...but I might have too. It really is in God's hands.

      Delete
    3. As you read, I have a surgery date! Praises be to the Lord! Also, before your surgery, did you have to go on a liquid diet the day before? Only clear liquids, jello and broth, juice, etc? I asked and the scheduler told me nothing to eat or drink after midnight. Is that all you did? Just curious.

      I also have to do that awful enema again. Eeek. Oh well, I will offer up the discomfort to God. It's such a small price to pay to be healthy.

      Delete