Friday, July 27, 2012
Surgery Update
I had surgery my surgery on Monday. It took about 5hrs which was longer than we thought. I didn't do well with pain control in the recovery room. It took about three hours to get me to a point where they could take me to my room. I stayed 2 nights and Dr. Stalling released me Wednesday afternoon. The recovery is far worse than I expected it to be. We got home around 5:30 and I settled in and now I'm doing my best to recover. Unfortunately I have a horrible itchy red rash all over my torso adding to my discomfort. Although, I would say the surgery was a success. My colon was adhered to both fallopian tubes and part of my uterus, which she successfully detached. Both tubes are open and she did have to do the wedge resection. She also found a micro polyp inside my uterus which is being sent off to pathology. I will get more information at my 2 week follow up. I am under the influence of pain meds so I hope this all makes sense. I'll write more when I feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow...sounds like she did a great and thorough surgery. Sounds like you had a slight allergic reaction which is something I seem to do too. Have you had surgery before or was this your first (in regards to the lady parts)? Glad to hear you are home and can rest now. What will be your recovery time? Praying for you.
ReplyDeleteShe really did do a thorough job. I am thankful for that. This is the first time I've had "lady parts" surgery and hopefully my last! Recovery time is six weeks of no lifting. She said pain wise it would be a couple of weeks. And that i would have ups and downs for the first week or two. Thank you do much for your prayers. I appreciate them!
DeleteSounds like it went pretty well! I agree it is a very tough recovery...hang in there, it will all be worth it!!
ReplyDeleteThanks!! I am hoping it will all be worth it!!
Delete